Had a lawyer a few years back who was a piece of absolute shit.
1) would go months between returning phone calls
2) constantly late with court filings to the point the courts multiple times moved to have the case dismissed from lack of action
3) lied to me constantly about anything and everything
4) refused to be fired (seriously, when I told him he was fired he just ignored me and kept presenting himself as my lawyer, I had to get the courts involved to get him to stop)
5) lied about me (our client has been unreachable, we are considering dropping them (????? I TRIED TO CALL YOU 84 TIME IN THR LAST THREE MONTHS AND YOU DIDNT ANSWER OR RETURN A SINGLE ONE????))
6) when I finally did fire him, he told me I had to be in court on a specific date (that didn't work for me) at a specific time (that didn't work for me) or else the motion to withdraw wouldn't be accepted. So I got to the court room and the judge was super nice but confused as to why I was there and when I told him the story the judge just goes, "yea, this is all done electronically. Not sure why your lawyer would tell you that other than to be a dick."
Needless to say by the end of all this I was pissed and wrote a 10 page bar complaint about four different lawyers in their offices' unethical behavior. Well, the bar association decided this was a firm wide encouraged pattern of behavior and threw the book at the four partners. Disbarred for five years, restitution to clients, and only allowed to practice under supervision for a period of 5 years after they return.
I felt a little bad, but god damn I was soooooo fucking sick of being jerked around.