How's today going for you? Not great, right? Could be going better? Stuck at a boring job, or doing some chores, or just feeling kinda meh? That's okay - you're not alone. We're all in the same boat - after all, it's a new year, the weather's miserable, and we're just not feeling all that optimistic about things. Luckily, we have some choice funny tweets to lift your spirits a bit - enjoy!
1. To be fair, it was a pretty dick move of this guy's parents to name him "Hunter Fisher" in the first place.
Emma and I made it on TV but the camera guy didn't believe my name was Hunter Fisher so he just made one up for me pic.twitter.com/VMJyc2M8EX-- Hunter Fisher (@HunterFisher21) January 2, 2018
2. Mugs that hide secret mugs? This is some inception-level coffee drinking.
Okay so my brother got my ENTIRE FAMILY these plain black mugs.... but when they get hot they're COVERED ENTIRELY IN MY MUG SHOT pic.twitter.com/w44bilgYN8-- Dillon Smith (@Dilicious23) December 31, 2017
3. "Oi, wot if ya the pub was in your mobile phone?"
Black Mirror (2017) pic.twitter.com/F46aFjuN7j-- sims 4 (@s1mxne) January 2, 2018
4. Time heals all wounds (well, almost all wounds).
Over a year ago, I threatened you out of anger over the death of a lost one. A death that you were not responsible for.-- gav (@GavBurl) January 2, 2018
Today, I've returned to make things right. To end the cycle of violence. It's what Steve would have wanted. I'm sorry and I love you Water Pancake. pic.twitter.com/wrcyoFBB00
5. 2017, we'll never forget your memes...but we will forget everything else.
this is it. 2017 officially peaked on its last day. pic.twitter.com/eDaW3ro0Y1-- memes (@memeprovider) December 31, 2017
6. C'mon, Mars...stop being an asshole.
Mars doesn't wanna meet your ass pic.twitter.com/afdAFSC69l-- Big Uzi Vert (@BlvckGrip) November 23, 2017
7. This kid gets extra credit for their deeply morbid and nihilistic worldview.
The first guess from one of my 1st graders was "death" and such an awed, somber, reflective hush fell over the class that I didn't want to tell them that actually the answer is the letter e, which just seemed so banal in the moment pic.twitter.com/7sYFxHNcZk-- Bret Turner (@bretjturner) January 2, 2018
8. At least he was in Miami, so the weather was probably nice.
sounds like that guy had a rough weekend pic.twitter.com/8TNKcVBlok-- jon hendren (@fart) January 2, 2018
9. Why did McGonagall only teach them the spell that summons corn cobs?
My favorite scene in the Harry Potter movies is when he eats an entire bowl of corn for dinner pic.twitter.com/uxVCBjxIV5-- Brendan O'Hare (@brendohare) January 3, 2018
10. 2018 is full of potential (for disappointment)
me: in 2018 i'm gonna stop agreeing to things i don't want to do 😌🌱-- eric turtle (@dubstep4dads) January 1, 2018
random person: hey wanna come to my nieces hair stylists second cousins neighbors piano recital
me: [thinking of a way to say no] of course dude what time
11. John Wick 3: Ant-sassin.
ME: *realises I've just stepped on an ant* oh no-- Jon (@ArfMeasures) January 3, 2018
JOHN WICK: Has anyone seen my pet ant?
ME: OH NO
12. This is goddamn GENIUS.
im prankin this guy as if im sending nudes but in reality...im literally typing "Attachment: 1 Image" pic.twitter.com/QrwS8SrEad-- pobre diabla (@saucynatt) January 3, 2018